Turkey with Wild Rice Stuffing
- 1 pkg. wild rice (4 oz.)
- 4 tsps. instant chicken bouillon or 4 chicken-bouillon cubes
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- Cup Margarine
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 pkg. Herb-Seasoned Stuffing Mix
- 2 tsps. Poultry Seasoning
- 12 lb. Turkey Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Melted Margarine
Tip: stuffing can be used with other poultry (chicken, capon or cornish hens)
- Prepare rice as package directs, dissolving 3 tsp. bouillon in water before adding rice.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In medium skillet cook celery and green pepper in margarine until tender. Dissolve remaining bouillon in hot water.
- In large bowl, combine rice, vegetables, bouillon liquid, stuffing mix and poultry seasoning.
- Mix well. Season turkey with salt and pepper.
- Stuff neck and body cavities loosely, truss.
- Place breast side up on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with margarine. Roast as label directs.
- Turn extra stuffing into a well-greased 1 quart baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate. Bake 30 minutes before serving time.
- Refrigerate leftovers.