- 4 lb. Shoulder Veal Roast
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 4 medium Carrots (halved crosswise)
- 2 lbs. Onions
- 2 lbs. Mushrooms
- 2 tblsps. Flour
- 10 oz. pkg. Frozen Peas
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Chopped Fresh Dill
- In an 8 quart dutch oven cook the veal on medium high heat until brown on all sides. add salt, pepper, thyme and 2 cups of water.
- Heat to boiling. remove cover, change heat to low and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots and onions, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cover and simmer an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables and veal are tender.
- When done, place on platter with vegetables and keep warm.
- In a cup stir flour and 2 tblsps. water until blended.
- Gradually stir into the remaining liquid in the dutch oven until the gravy has thickened.
- Add the peas and heat thoroughly.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolks in a small amount of the hot gravy.
- Stir rapidly to prevent lumping.
- Cook the pea gravy until thickened, pour over the veal.