French Style Roast Beef
- 3 lb. Shoulder Roast
- 5 Peppercorns
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 4 cups Water
- 1 large clove Garlic
- 2 medium Onions, quartered
- 4 medium Carrots, quartered
- 2 stalks Celery, 1 inch pieces
- Place roast, salt, thyme, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaf and garlic in dutch oven and add water.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 1/4 hours.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer another 30 minutes.
- Remove roast, cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Strain broth from vegetables and serve.
- Retain broth to spoon over beef.