Beef Pot Roast
- 2 tsps. Olive Oil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 lbs. Boneless Chuck Roast
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Onion, chopped
- Tsp. fresh ground Black Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat a heavy Dutch oven on top of the stove over medium high heat.
- Add oil and sear meat in the centre of the pan for 4 minutes.
- Turn meat over with tongs; sear all sides for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove meat from pan. Arrange onion, garlic and 1 bay leaf in the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Return meat to pan, place remaining bay leaf on top of meat and cover.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 325 F.
- Reduce heat to 300 F and cook for 1 : 15 hours.
- Remove roast to a platter to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and top with onions and gravy.