Toronto travel guide




Toronto Travel Guide

Permanent Resident Visa

Permanent Resident Visa Toronto welcomes thousands of new residents each year, many of them are immigrants from different parts of the world who want to establish themselves in Canada.

Permanent Resident status is emitted by the Canadian Government which provides the immigrant visa called Record of Landing. This permit allows to live, work and study in the country on a permanent basis.

Because of this type of visas are not temporary, people are permitted to do almost everything with few restrictions during the valid period of the Record. Canadian Immigration Medical Examinations are needed for all Permanent Resident applicants. Individuals who are interested in immigrating permanently have a number of options described in the next categories:

Independant/Skilled Worker Immigration

Toronto welcomes to skilled foreign professionals and workers whose education and work experience will help them to get a good employment. People must qualify approving a test which is divided in 6 levels according to the occupational category. The requirements are:
  • Wide work experience in a certain area.
  • Prove that have the enough funds for settlement.
  • WProve language skills (English and/or French).
  • Choose one of the Selection Factors and get the Pass Mark.

Business Immigration

This visa is for people who want to invest in, or initiate businesses in the country. They must be experienced managers or recognized investors that can help to make a more prosperous Canadian economy. There are three classes of business immigrants:
  • Investors: Minimum net worth of $800 000 and an investment of $400 000 CAD.
  • Entrepreneurs: Minimum net worth of $300 000 CAD.
  • Self-employed persons: Mainly orientated to cultural and athletic business.

Family Class Immigration

Close relatives living in Toronto who are Canadian citizens (older than 18) or permanent residents can sponsor their family. They must undertake to support their relatives for a period of 3 to 10 years to help them settle in the country. The sponsored relative can be a:
  • Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.
  • Parent, grandparent, dependent child, adopted child or orphan grandchild.
  • Brother, sister, nephew, niece, aunt or uncle; under special conditions.


  • Canadian Experience (new).
  • Refugee Class Immigration.
  • Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications.

Toronto Entry Visa

About us | Contact us | Privacy | Legal terms | Disclaimer

© 2005 - 2019 - Toronto travel guide